After-sales Service Network
▌Service Network in Shandong Province
Qingdao Soar Automobile Co., Ltd.
Daguhe Industrial Park, Lige Village, Jiaozhou City, Qingdao
After-sales Service Manager: Jiang Mingshan 13708977329
▌Service Network in North China
Beijing Sanxing Shidai Automobile Co., Ltd.
No.27, No.15, Xincunyili Lane, Fengtai District, Beijing
After-sales Service Manager: Li Xuechao 15054260377
▌Service Network in Guangdong Province
Dongguan Weijie Automobile Service Co., Ltd.
1st Floor, Building 3, Hengtang Road, Hengkeng Village, Liaobu Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province
After-sales Service Manager: Shao Ke 13780677356
▌Service Network in Guizhou Province
Guizhou Wansheng Automobile Repair Service Co., Ltd.
Zhijiatang, Zhoujia Village, Guiyang Economic and Technological Development Zone, Guiyang City, Guizhou Province
After-sales Service Manager: Jiang Mingzhi 13780687069
▌Service Network in Hainan Province
Hainan Weihuang Automobile Sales Co., Ltd.
No. 241, Nanhai Avenue, Xiuying District, Haikou City, Hainan Province
After-sales Service Manager: Liu Jinglong 17660908000
▌Service Network in Yunnan Province
Kunming Jiaxin Automobile Maintenance and Service Co., Ltd.
No. 103, Yunda West Road, Kunming Economic Development Zone, Yunnan Province
After-sales Service Manager: Xu Zhongjing 13583277653
I. After-sales Service Commitment
1. Our company produces, assembles and repairs live working vehicles according to ISO quality system to ensure product quality.
2. The production and design of the product shall strictly conform to the implementation of relevant national standards of the United States and South Korea and Chinese national standards:
a. GB9465-2008 Overhead Working Vehicle
b. GB/T 3766-2001 General Technical Specifications for Hydraulic Systems
c. GB 7258-2004 Safety Specifications for Motor Vehicles Operating on Roads
d. GB 3847-1999 Limits and Measurement Methods for Exhaust Visible Pollutants from Compression Ignition (C.I.) Engines and Vehicles Equipped with C.I.Engines
e. GB 17691-2001 Limits and Measurement Methods for Exhaust Pollutants from Compression Ignition(C.I.) Engines of Vehicles
f. GB 1495-2002 Limits and Measurement Methods for Noise Emitted by Accelerating Motor Vehicles
g. QC/T 252-1998 Specification for Special Vehicle Type Test
h. DL 409-1991 Working Regulation of Power Safety
3. We solemnly promise: one-year warranty for hydraulic machinery parts, half a year warranty for electrical components and wearing parts. Parts beyond the warranty period can be subject to lifetime paid service.
4. Maintenance after the warranty period only charges the cost of replacement parts and reasonable labor cost.
5. After the delivery acceptance, we shall repair and replace the vehicle with fault due to quality problems (except user damage) free of charge until the fault is eliminated.
6. In case of any problems, we guarantee to respond within 2 hours and rush to the scene within 24 hours to deal with the problems.
7. After-sales service personnel should be patient and considerate rather than being perfunctory. Our service will continue until the user is satisfied with the quality.
8. After the product is delivered to the user, we shall make telephone follow-up and after-sales service personnel shall provide on-site service once every 2 months.
9. We can meet users' requirements at any time with a complete set of spare parts.
10. After-sales service personnel shall not accept any gifts from the user such as cigarettes, wine and meals.
11. After-sales Service Tel.: 0532-88283688. If you have any complaints about the service we provided, please call the complaints hotline of the General Manager in charge: 0532-88281788. We promise to reply within 2 hours.
Ⅱ. Quality Assurance Measures
1. Our company guarantees that the spare parts and consumables we provided are genuine products of the original factory, and the repair process adopted is the original factory process.
2. If maintenance quality problem is found, our company shall perform the repair according to technical standards free of labor cost until the technical standards are reached.
3. Our company faithfully records and gives feedback on the problems found during the repair process. For the hidden dangers and defects that may affect normal operation of aerial lift device with insulating arm in live working, our company shall immediately communicate with the user units and provide solutions.
4. Our company is responsible for dealing with defects within the warranty period.
III. Safety Assurance Measures
1. The user unit shall supervise and inspect the safety and civilized construction during project construction process. The user unit shall have the right to order the construction contractor whose safety is out of control to stop and rectify.
2. The user unit shall have right to participate in the investigation of major accidents of construction unit, timely understand the situation on site, issue an accident notification as well as urge the user unit to strengthen and improve the safety construction management.
3. It is our company's responsibility to ensure the safety of personnel and equipment during construction. Our company improves the safety system, perfects the safety guarantee system, and prevents death accidents and major equipment accidents.
4. Our company earnestly implements the corresponding safety management regulations of the State Grid, Regulations on Safety, Health and Environmental Management of Electric Power Construction, implements safety responsibility systems at all levels, establishes and improves safety risk mortgage mechanisms, and implements safe and civilized construction.
5. Our company is responsible for all the safety problems at this project site. In the event of an accident, our company will orally notify the user within two hours and issue written notification within 12 hours.
6. In principle, the project manager and the person responsible for safety shall not be replaced during the construction process. In case of special circumstances that need to be replaced, it must be reported in writing to the county-level power supply enterprise (sub-bureau) for approval before replacement.
7. Special types of workers must be certified to work and reported to the user for record.
Ⅳ. Training Program for The Owner
(Ⅰ). Inspection of live working vehicles before use
1. Whether the fasteners in the key parts are loose.
2. Whether there are missing parts of the vehicle equipment.
3. Whether the chassis tire pressure is normal.
(Ⅱ). Basic Operation of Live Working Vehicle
1. Responsibilities of the driver:
1) Drive the electric work vehicle to the work location, select the appropriate location, and park the car.
2) After the car is parked, pull the handbrake, step on the clutch and hang the gear in neutral.
3) Press the main control switch.
4) Step on the clutch and hang the power take-off.
5) Leave the cab, but do not stay away from the vehicle to prevent the engine from stalling.
2. Responsibilities of live working personnel:
1) When the driver hangs the power take-off, push the button switch at the leg operating valve to the bottom part.
2) Adjust each leg separately. In principle, the tires must leave the ground.
3) After the legs are supported, turn the button switch at the leg operating valve to the upper part.
4) The staff enters the turntable operation place and loosens the binding belt at the insulation arm of the binding vehicle.
5) The staff goes to the turntable operation place, push the upper and lower distribution valve switches to down operation, perform several pre-actions. The upper arm must be lifted first, the work bucket is removed from the vehicle body, and then the lower suspension is raised to allow the lower cantilever to leave the fixed bracket (20 m car), visually checking the left and right to ensure no interfering objects exists before performing other actions.
6) When there is no problem with the pre-action, push the upper and lower distribution valve switches to the upper operation.
7) When the live working staff enters the bucket, they must fasten the safety belt and hang the hook at the safety belt hook.
8) All operations must be carried out according to the signage instructions and work needs, but the upper cantilever must be raised to move the workbench away from the body before performing other actions.
(Ⅲ). The Collection of The Live Working Vehicles After Use.
1) After the live working is completed, the personnel in the bucket should withdraw the inner cantilever first, close the lower cantilever, and slowly lower the upper cantilever. At this time, the operator should pay attention to the upper cantilever when falling down and must make it aligned with the upper cantilever.
2) After collecting the working bucket, tie up the binding belt of the fixed arm.
3) Turn the button switch at the leg operating valve to the bottom part.
4) Collect the legs.
5) The driver enters the cab, steps down the clutch, and turns off the power take-off.
6) Turn off the main control switch.
7) Restore the vehicle to normal driving status.
1) When the alighting guardian found that the overhead operator violated the regulations, the upper and lower distributor valve transfer switch can be pushed to the lower operation position at the turntable operation point and operated by the guardian at the turntable.
2) Over-range operation may cause the protection of anti-rollover function. At this time, the alighting personnel should turn on the overrunning switch, and the operator must correct the over-range action and restore the operating range to normal status (if the working radius exceeds the prescribed requirements, open the over-switch and move it in the opposite direction, and restore to the allowable range of working radius.
3) When the live workers working at height, the function of the working bucket must not be operated; otherwise, the workers may be dumped out of the work bucket.
4) The throttle valve switch is an acceleration device. It is recommended that the staff should not use the accelerator when they are not familiar with the performance of the vehicle or when approaching the electric conductor, because the speed is faster after the acceleration. This is to prevent malfunction.
5) If the engine breaks down, emergency power can be used at this time to allow the workers to return to the ground safely. The emergency power supply uses DC power, because the DC starting current is large; each opening time must be less than 30 seconds, and the opening clearance must be longer than 2 minutes.
(V). Daily Maintenance:
1) Observe the oil level gauge on the fuel tank on a regular basis. If the oil level is lower than half of the oil leveler, it is necessary to add insulating hydraulic oil. This oil is imported insulation hydraulic oil, and must contact with the manufacturer.
2) Fill the gear oil at the turntable gear every three months, and check whether the connecting bolts of the upper and the column are loose.
3) Pay attention to the cleanliness of the insulating arm usually.
4) Park it in the normal garage and keep it ventilated.